Ryan and Holden Hare play the role of Johnny Abbot on The Young and the Restless. This year they have been seen in multiple episodes of the soap and did a commercial for Hyundai!
1. What was the experience like filming a commercial for Hyundai?
The boys had a blast filming this commercial! They were given big monster trucks and had to crash them together over and over again but their favorite part was filming the scene where they pulled each other in the cooler! The directors must have had them do it 50 times in a row and they giggled and screamed every time! They put their hands up in the air like they were on a roller coaster!
2. What was it like seeing it air for the first time?
We all laughed when we saw it for the first time it’s a funny commercial!
3. Do Ryan and Holden get to watch their Y&R scenes on TV?
They actually don’t ever ask to see them when they air but if they happen to walk in the room when mommy or daddy is watching their scenes they stop and say “hey that’s me!” Or “I remember doing that scene!”
4. How did the boys prepare for filming the episode where Johnny is afraid to go to school?
We had to talk to the boys ahead of time and tell them they needed to pretend to feel sad because in real life they were also just a few weeks away from starting kindergarten and were actually super excited! So we decided to have them Both rehearse the scenes and Holden was better at keeping a straight face…Ryan kept giggling every time he had to say “NO I don’t want to go!” So he didn’t get used that episode!
5. How did Ryan and Holden enjoy working with Gina?
Ryan did the scenes with Gina and she is so sweet and good with the kids and of course he had a great time because the scenes with her involved playing games on an iPad!
6. What has been the best part of filming with Tristan?
The boys think Tristan is pretty cool and like having a pretend Brother! Holden loved the scene with him in a blanket fort with flash lights and telling stories!
7. As the boys have been on the show since they were infants, how has their relationship developed working with Amelia?
Amelia is so special! She has been their TV Mommy since they were 7 weeks old and they are almost 6!! The story lines have had the boys filming more with their TV dad this year but Even on days we don’t have scenes with Amelia they insist on finding her and giving big hugs before we go! They still call CBS Studios “Ameila’s house” because up until recently they thought she actually lived there!
8. Is there anyone new to the show that you hope the boys will get to film with?
Not new but hoping this year we get more scenes with Victoria/Billy their TV Mom and Dad!
9. What was the best part of working on this year’s Halloween episode?
As we were walking to the car that day Ryan said “that was the best day ever!” They loved their dragon costumes, had so much fun with their TV Sissy Sienna and got to eat lots and lots of candy!!
10. What has been Ryan and Holden’s favorite scene to film this year?
Holden loved the pool scene he did with Jason And Missy (Billy/Chelsea) to make it look like Johnny and Billy had just gotten out of the pool the hair and make up crew used warm spray bottles of water and sprayed them down from head to toe! If they started to dry off they would get sprayed again and Holden thought he was such a big boy to get to do that with Jason!
Is there anything else you would like to add?
Holden and Ryan wish everyone a very happy and healthy holiday season and look forward to the year to come!!