Garren Stitt plays the role of Oscar Nero on General Hospital. When not working on the soap he is busy filming his recurring role on Disney Channel’s Andi Mack where he plays the role of Marty!
1. How did you get started in acting?
I remember being very charismatic, always singing and dancing and very often people approached me offering representation,and my mom gave it a try.
2. Do you remember your very first audition?
I was very lucky to be doing my first audition with this amazing writer, Director Ted Raimi, for a short film and I remember him clapping hands and saying bravo Garren. I got the job on the spot and when I did two films for him he told me “I will see you in Hollywood Garren”! I really enjoyed the whole process of filming and that really inspired me!
3. Whats it like working on a huge Disney show like Andi Mack?
It’s truly a blessing to work on a show like that, with an amazing crew and cast it has given me a lot of exposure and recognition.
4. How do you enjoy working with Sofia Wylie?
Sofia and I are very close to each other, whenever I’m on set she and her father make sure I’m having a lot of fun!
5. How would you describe your character Marty?
Marty is a very competitive easy going guy. His number one goal is to make sure he’s always beating Buffy.
6. What is the most challenging part of working on a soap compared to a Disney series?
The most challenging part for me was learning a lot of material in such a short period of time and doing everything in basically one take. But after being there for awhile I got used to it and now it’s super easy!
7. What has been your experience working on General Hospital?
General Hospital is like a second home to me, everyone on set is the kindest to me and having the support from my stage mom and everyone else, I’m very blessed to be apart of a show like this one!
8. How do you enjoy working with Eden?
Eden is cool and a hard worker! I admire her for going to a regular school and working on GH!
9. What has been the best part of working with Maurice?
Maurice is one of the best actors I’ve worked with. We really bond on and off set, he is super funny! I’m always happy to see him cause I know that it’s going to be a fun day!
10. Do you have a favorite episode you have worked on?
I just did one that hasn’t been released yet so stay tuned for that!
Is there anything else you would like to add?
Check out my new song I just dropped, Title: “Streaks” on all major streaming services.
Merry Xmas everyone!
Follow Garren on social media: