Lauren Boles portrayed Ciara Brady on Days of Our Lives. This year Lauren has appeared in episodes of Grey’s Anatomy and NCIS: Los Angeles.
1. What was your time on set like filming for Grey’s Anatomy?
It was great! I got to lay in bed all day while everyone else had to stand! Plus, I had actually started watching the show even before I got the audition so I was sooo excited to try our for it. When I found out I got the part, I actually started crying because I loved the show so much.
2. How did you prepare for your role?
Well I didn’t have very many lines, so I did not have to memorize too much, ? but I did have to work on my facial expressions. Because of my lack of lines, that’s the only way I could express my character.
3. What was it like working with Kevin McKidd?
Kevin really seems like an expert who knows what he’s doing and he wasn’t too strict!
4. How did you enjoy filming with Sarah Drew?
Sarah’s so sweet and down to earth. She and Jesse have a lot of fun together, which made it very entertaining for our whole cast.
5. What was the best part of working with Jesse Williams?
Jesse is HILARIOUS! (He’s not so bad to look at either??) He was constantly cracking jokes and he would make us all laugh right before we had to be serious and cry!
6. Is there anyone in the cast you got to meet, but didn’t get to film with?
Since we were filming on location, I didn’t get to meet the rest of the cast, but Dr. Bailey walked through our area a little, but unfortunately we were filming and didn’t get to see her.
7. What was the experience like doing voice over work for Target?
I had never had a voice over job before so it was different because I didn’t have to go through the wardrobe, makeup, hair process. I also didn’t have to memorize lines because they were right in front of me!
8. How did you enjoy working on NCIS: Los Angeles?
I was very happy that I was going to be part of the crime scene because that would make it more action filled and intriguing. This was another project that we worked on location for so we were in some forest in the middle of nowhere, so it was more natural than a set.
9. What was the best part of filming with Caleel Harris and Zachary Hinrichs?
Caleel and Zachary are super sweet boys with personality and it made our “three musketeers” group even more enjoyable.
10. What have you been up too recently with your acting? Any new projects coming up?
I’m in eighth grade now so I am very focused on school and my grades. I want to get into a great high school. But when pilot season comes along, hopefully l’ll be back out there!
Is there anything else you would like to add?
I just want to say thank you to the fans who watch and support me. Hopefully I can come back to be Ciara on Days of our Lives again someday!
Follow Lauren on social media: