Kenley Smyth is Rowan’s younger sister. This year she has been seen in commercials for Nissan, Calzedonia with Julia Roberts, and she recently booked a film!
1. What was your shoot for your Calzedonia commercial like?
Really fun! I got to make a lot of funny expressions and it was exciting to see which one they chose for the commercial.
2. What was the experience like filming with Julia Roberts?
She was really sweet and beautiful. She and the director had worked together before so it was a really smooth shoot.
3. What was your time on set like shooting for the Red Nose Day special last year?
I liked that a lot because there were several kids in the scene. My favorite part of the business is making new friends.
4. How did you enjoy working with Anna Kendrick?
She was so funny! She asked us lots of questions and had everyone laughing.
5. What was it like to work on your episode of Santa Clarita Diet?
It shoots in my hometown so it was nice to be working so close to home. I shot flashbacks so all of the clothes I wore were vintage which was fun. There was also a really sweet dog who hangs out on set every day. I had fun petting him.
6. What was your shoot like for your Nissan commercial?
That was one of my favorite jobs ever because I had so much fun with the other girls. We were instant friends!
7. How did you react to seeing yourself on the packaging for a Baby Born doll?
It was so exciting! I love going to the store and seeing the doll. My mom bought one and I love her.
8. How did you enjoy working for America’s Got Talent?
It was great! It was improv so we weren’t sure what we were going to be doing but we got to just be ourselves and talk.
9. What was the best part of filming with Nick Cannon?
He was so funny and I like that he laughed at my “catchphrase” which was “boom that was awesome!”.
10. Is there anything you can share about your role in Funny Story?
Just that my character is really funny. Comedy is my favorite!
Is there anything else you would like to add?
I have a really cool project shooting after the new year. I can’t wait to tell you about it next time!