Sofia Naccarato has done episodes of both General Hospital and The Young and the Restless. This year she has been busy with a commercial for A&W, performing at the Kids’ Choice Awards, and doing live theatre!
1. What was your time on set like filming your A&W commercial?
A&W was really fun because first I got to work with one of my friends Ruby Jay, and also because all the kids on the set we also do musical theater and like to sing so we sang a lot during our breaks.
2. What was the experience like performing at Universal City Walk?
That was really cool because the tech on their stage was amazing the lights the sound for a live performance was probably the best I’ve ever experienced.
3. How does it feel to have worked on two iconic soap operas?
I feel really proud to have been able to work on such iconic soap operas. The professionalism on set is just an amazing experience.
4. What was the experience like being involved in the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards?
That was an incredible experience because not only was it a live television performance but it was also filmed in front of a huge crowd on stage. The energy was exciting and intense.
5. How did you enjoy getting dressed up as Wonder Woman?
That was really cool because the costumes were handmade for each person to fit you exactly and the details on the costumes were like nothing you can buy in any store. I still have mine. They let us keep them.
6. Did you do anything special to prepare performing in front of a crowd that large?
No, I actually didn’t realize how large the crowd was until I was out on the stage.
7. How did you prepare for your role in Shrek the Musical?
Well musical theater preparation is a lot of work I actually worked on that role for about three months before we opened the show.
8. What was it like taking the stage on opening night?
It was actually really hectic because I was working on the A&W commercial that day and I had to rush straight from filming to opening night and I actually missed walking the red carpet. I think we have some funny footage of me running down the red carpet all by myself as I was late for call time.
9. Who have been some of your favorite people to work with this year?
I was involved in a really cool film project and the director Natalia Hermida and her team were absolutely amazing. I learned so much from being on set with them and watching the way they all work together.
10. Is there anything you can share about your upcoming short film?
I was so thrilled to be involved with this project because all of my acting had to be done without any lines. It was all emotive through facial and body gesture.
Is there anything else you would like to add?
Thank you to Star-Kidz for including me again this year in the Holiday Q&A.
Follow Sofia on social media: