Kayla Torres played the role of Marisol in two episodes of General Hospital this year. You may have also seen her in an episode of Tosh.0 and she has also done some work for Lowe’s!
1. How did you get involved in the industry?
Well, me and my brother always made shows when we were little and I always liked performing since I was a gymnast, so I decided to give it a try.
2. What was the experience like going on your first audition?
My first audition I was very nervous, although the people there were very nice, but I had no idea what I was doing.
3. What was the process like to film your Lowe’s video?
It was very long and a lot of sitting around, but everybody was super sweet and helpful and it is always fun being on set and doing what I love.
4. How did you enjoy working on your segment for Tosh.0?
I loved working on Tosh.0 because it was hilarious and everyone on set was super funny and friendly and Daniel was great.
5. What was your time on set like filming for General Hospital?
It was again a ton of waiting around, but when I got on set I was nervous because the moment that I have been waiting for and working for finally came.
6. How did you react when you found out you were brought back for a second episode?
I was just so exciting that I was given the opportunity to come back on one of the biggest soap operas there is and I was just so thankful and happy I started jumping up and down and I almost started crying happy tears.
7. What was it like filming with Matt Cohen?
He is just such a great amazing person and he is great to work with. I just felt so blessed that I got to work with him, he is one of the sweetest people I ever worked with.
8. How did you feel seeing your episodes air on TV?
It was a little frustrating because I am so used to criticizing myself and I was just thinking of how I could have done things better, but I was also extremely proud and happy for how far I have come.
9. Who have been some of your favorite people to work with in the industry?
I have loved everybody I’ve worked with and I could not choose who is my favorite because they are all so sweet and great.
10. Do you have a favorite project that you’ve done?
I would have to say that my favorite project I’ve had so far is probably Tosh.0 because it was so fun and funny to be on set although I loved all of my jobs.
Follow Kayla on social media: